Monday, March 21, 2011

A little water

Thought I'd update a picture so I didn't have to open the blog and see someone's butt.  The creek finally got to flowing yesterday morning.  When I took this picture it had already went down about a foot.  Had quite a storm and the wind blew down quite a few trees in the area, but nothing fell on us except a few limbs so all is good.
Rosie had to have an operation on her stomach after Spike & I tried to drown her stomach with Pedia-Lite, but she's doing good now.  She had blockage and Spike had to rush her to emergency on Saturday.  It was a pretty scary situation, but thank goodness they were able to operate in Red Bluff instead of flying her down to Fresno in the storm.  She's on the mend and hopefully will be back to normal in no time.  Thank goodness.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for saving us from the butt! I hope Rosie is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Rosie's doing alright. Hopefully no one in the family will ever need a liver transplant. I don't know if there are many livers amongst us that haven't been extremely battle tested! I amazed that creek hasn't washed away all the houses in the area!
    Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that little Rosie does heal up fast...and I bet her liver is better than most of you young whipper snappers...Haa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey do you remember when Mom would yell at us for standing on the edge of the banks watching the water eat out the earth from under our feet...heeheehee poor Mom, I don't know how she lasted as long as she did with all of us hon yocks running around...do you think she did alot of drinking when we weren't looking....sure miss her and dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. We had some good times and I'm sure Mom tipped that Vin Rose' wine jug a time or two just to put up with us. I bet she really hit the bottle when she had her son. Seeing a big melon head child would have sent anyone over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you all couldnt be nice could ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hate to tell you guys but mom and dad hated you all.thats what they told me i was the only one they loved and cherished maybe mom wanted u guys to stand to close to the bank for a reason

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe Mom hated us, but I bet Dad hated you - especially since he always would wake up with something poking him in the butt and wet underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know little bro, I think they probably disliked 3 of the kids...but you and me...hey we are the ones that looked like dad....at least that is what Dad said, something about different mailmen...just saying. Of course there is talk about one being found under a cabbage plant...I think that was Sharon, I did try to cut down on siblings but she survived the couch incident...hardy little critter she is

    ReplyDelete